On userscripts.org site, I suggest you ...

Amount of unique installs

Add an amount of unique installs for userscripts.
This way you can get a better track of the amount of users, using a particular userscript.

98 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    cafarocafaro shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ycc2106ycc2106 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would it be possible to also track uninstallations? Some scripts are just installed for one test.
        I know it would be a bit complicated (cookies?) FF addons 'Collector' for collections doesn't even do it.

• jesus2099jesus2099 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,
        If one is connected and is the writer of the downloaded script, one shall be ignored and the install count shall not increase by one.

• ed.galliganed.galligan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@anotherjesse: Uniqueness and dynamic IPs are tough but wouldn't an onclick tracker on the INSTALL button bypass any other problems (as auto-updates would be direct, not visiting the page and clicking)

• Edo78Edo78 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1 IP per count isn't a good idea, in Italy we have a ISP who NAT thousand (or more) users behind 1 IP
        besides this every guy with a dynamic IP would be a pain in the ass ...

• iamahiamah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if you wanna make it accurate, you can't count on IP at all... only way i see it's making login required to install scripts...

• cafarocafaro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not really. What I mean with unique is the amount of installs based on IPs, so 1 IP per count.

• anotherjesseAdminanotherjesse (Admin, Userscripts.org) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would tracking the number of logged in users who have installed give you the information you are looking for? This is actually a rather complicated issue since some scripts do auto-updating which mess up counts

Feedback and Knowledge Base